Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Bella Italia!


Italy.

One of my greatest obsessions.

I love it. I love everything about it.

The culture, the history, the language, the architecture, the food ... heck, the shape is awesome (a boot!)...


One day, I hope to take a gap year and travel Europe. Especially Italy. I plan to travel the countryside, maybe on a Vespa. I want to sleep in youth hostels, spend the day with a camera around my neck. I want to go to museams and art galleries, buy some bread cheese and fruit for lunch, eat it in a park.

In particular, I want to visit Venice. Venice, with winged lions and stone angels, gondolas, vaporetti, crumbling alleyways and streets without names. A thousand bridges. Ancient, crumbling ... the gateway to the orient. I love it. I love the masks, the carnevale ... it is beautiful. I've heard it smells bad, but I honestly don't care how it smells. As long as one day I go there, I will be happy.

1 comment:

  1. That would be such a great trip! I hope you get to go there someday too!

    ReplyDelete